As its name suggests, Traitor is a mini-game in which some mice are traitors (1-4), and the rest are innocents. When you are innocent, traitors can kill you. So watch out and look carefully at who touches you, as well as those around you on the map.
- Winning (Traitor) - When all innocent mice have been killed and there is at least one traitor left alive, the traitors win.
- Winning (Innocent) - When all traitors are dead and there's at least 1 innocent mouse alive, or the time runs out, all innocents win.
Everyone can suspect that someone is a traitor by typing "![Username]" (Ex. !Souris) in chat.
To see who is currently being suspected of being a traitor, check the scoreboard. The score represents the number of votes. Once a person is suspected enough times (ranging from 2 to 4, depending on the amount of mice), their name turns red, and everyone is notified via chat that they can now be killed, even if they are innocent. The suspected mice can then be killed by other (living) players by pressing Space near them.
Players should suspect carefully, if an innocent die from getting killed by votes (instead of traitor bite), anyone that votes for that innocent mouse will get a permanent vote for the round. However, the mouse that kills the innocent won't get a vote, unless the killer also voted.
As a traitor, your goal is to kill all innocent mice by biting them (using Space), who will then die in three seconds. But be careful! If people notice you and think you're suspicious they can suspect you as a traitor. When you get too many votes, your name becomes red and other mice can kill you with Space. You must bite someone every minute or else you will die. It is not possible to "bite" other traitors. It takes a few seconds before you can bite again. Traitors can also converse with each other through the "traitor chat" using !tc [message], which can be useful even in just figuring out who your fellow traitors are, and using it to your advantage.
- You can figure out if someone is a traitor when you can't bite that person. It means that he/she is a traitor too.
- Don't bite randomly! Try to confuse everyone by killing in crowds, framing other people, and acting like an innocent. If you chase one mouse to kill or kill the only mouse next to you, it will be obvious you are the traitor.
- It can be useful to be near another traitor, so that people don't know which one of you is the traitor (as unless 2 people near you die simultaneously, people generally assume only one of you is guilty). This generally works as most people try not to vote unless they are quite sure who it is.
- Killing by vote takes priority over traitor bite, this means you will kill the person being suspected instead of biting them if you have enough votes.
- You can vote innocents to confuse people (some people tend to vote the person with most votes), but remember to retract the vote before that mouse is killed to prevent you from getting a system vote (by voting an innocent).
When you are innocent, traitors can bite you, which will result in you dying three seconds later. Look carefully at who touches you, and try to make sure nobody is by you. As an innocent, you should trust no one, except for the spy.
If you suspect that someone is a traitor, say "![Playername]" (Ex. !Souris). If enough people suspect that person is a traitor, that traitor's name will be red, and you can go and kill them with Space, if you're alive. You may only suspect one person at a time (until you withdraw your suspicion or they die).
- If you voted someone accidentally, pressing Tab ↹ will retract your suspicion and you can vote another one again.
- If someone has a long / complicated name, you can click their name in chat / the user list, "whisper" them, then instead delete the "/c " and put an "!".
- If a player is running around and people they pass die, they may be a traitor; however, people sitting still can be traitors as well, possible "blaming" it on a mouse who is running around.
- Do not follow the spy if there is one as it is very crowded near there, unless you are attempting to protect them.
- Even if you are dead, you can still suspect mice. This will give you an advantage in night mode maps.
- Remember that traitor takes 3 seconds to kill after biting! Backtrack a bit instead of suspecting people near the dead mouse's position on the spot.
Spies are identified by their blue names. Spies are innocent mice that every 20 seconds can hit Ctrl and give everyone a clue where the traitor is (which is done by the game indicating with arrows). Due to this, as well as everyone knowing they are innocent, traitors often try to eliminate them if possible. A spy's vote also counts as 2 votes instead of 1, but watch out, traitors will try to kill you!
- I - Displays the instructions.
- O - Shows you the statistics from the last round. "Better stats increase the chance of becoming a traitor a tiny bit!"
- Space - Allows you to bite an innocent (if traitor) or kill a traitor (if innocent and if the traitor has enough [2-3, depending on number of players] people suspecting them).
- Tab ↹ - Retracts your suspicion of another mouse. This also lets you suspect a new person.
- Ctrl - Can trigger a hint indicating who is a traitor (if spy).
- ![username] (in chatbox) - allows you to suspect
- !tc [message] (in chatbox) - allows traitors to converse without others knowing. You must be alive for it to work. If used when you're dead or innocent, no text will be displayed onscreen.
- Traitor can rarely bite someone that's clearly away from the traitor.