- For the person you're married to, see Marriage.
A soulmate is a mouse you are attached to with a string, and have to cooperate with to get the cheese. This feature is present at some vanilla maps, like map 82, 83, 84 and 88. Custom soulmate map can also be created, by clicking "Soulmate" in map editor.
Soulmate maps have a heart icon on top left corner, below map code. In soulmate maps, all mice will have a random soulmate, which is chosen when joining a room (If the players don't change room, the soulmate will stay the same for next soulmate map)
A mouse is attached to its soulmate with a pink string, which is elastic, but doesn't expand far. They should cooperate to finish the map, or they will fail the map. Communication between soulmates should be made, to prevent accidental death.
If there is an unpaired number of mice in the room, one mouse will not have a soulmate, sometimes rendering the level impossible.
Idle mice and 'troll's will usually make their soulmate fail the map, either by weighing them down while wall jumping, pulling their soulmate off a cliff, or other activity that could result in death.
- In Map 82, one mouse who knows how to wall jump could jump at the wall, but if the other doesn't, both will usually fall to their deaths.
- Map 83 is considered to be the easiest soulmate map, however, things can still go wrong.
- In Map 84 one mouse may know how to survive the 'fatal trampoline', but the other does not, resulting in one mouse being catapulted to death, and the other following.
- In Map 88, miscommunication can cause both of you to jump off the platform.
- In Map 89, the roles of the cheese and the hole are reversed, but usually new players don't know that, resulting in two mice running in opposite direction. Thus, preventing movement for both mice.
- If the shaman revives the mice using the Ambulance skill, soulmates won't be reconnected.
- When a mouse is attached to a balloon, their soulmate can maneuver the balloon. The balloon will not snap unless the mouse who's specifically attached to the balloon moves.